Mentor Level 2 – Adults or Children & Young People
Arthur Ellis is an award-winning training and support company providing training to corporate, school, public
and community organisations as well as children and young people. Our training is first of its kind and we have
won awards in wellbeing innovation, business and entrepreneurship as a result.
Through our training and 1:1 support, we are looking to positively change how children, young people and
adults are supported by their organisations and throughout their life to improve mental health across the
Passionate about mental health? Want to work with people to help their recovery? Want to work for a service
that puts the client first, whatever they need?
We are looking to grow our wonderful mentoring team to support children, young people and adults with
mental health difficulties.
Our service is aimed at supporting and providing interventions to people who are unable to access or waiting
for professional services.
We are looking for people who choose to put the care of clients and their recovery first over anything else, to
help them develop long term strategies and manage whatever they may face whether its short or long term.
Becoming a Level 2 Mentor means that you will be able to work alongside a senior member of the team to
support clients on an individual basis.
You will be responsible for;
- Meeting with clients to assess needs
- Mentoring clients, developing recovery plans and supporting them to implement them
- Dealing with complex needs and behaviours
- Completing session notes and related admin up to date
- Teaching a variety of evidence based coping strategies based on NICE and BACP guidelines.
- Reporting to a Level 3 Mentor on client progress and any safeguarding concerns
- Working with either Adults or Children and Young People dependant on your previous experience.
- Required to undertake mandatory training and supervision
You will have experience working with people on a one to one basis in a support capacity.
Travel and home visits may be necessary based on client needs so being able to drive and have access to a
vehicle is essential.
You will also be required to go through our initial induction and training process before working with clients..
The training phase is unpaid. We will cover the costs of Enhanced DBS Checks for successful candidates.
Arthur Ellis is a supportive employer so please feel free to let us know if you may need any reasonable
Minimum – NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or Psychology/Mental Health related subject
If you’re interested, contact us today