Mental health awareness across the country is growing, which is brilliant. However, we believe there needs to be a shift from awareness to action.
After signposting, 75% of people experience their mental health deteriorating and with waiting times ranging for 4 weeks to 13 years in some areas of the country…we need to do more to prevent and practically support people suffering.
At Arthur Ellis, we don’t think that purely signposting is the answer anymore. We need to know the practical tools and strategies that will help people directly recover and cope.
Even after signposting, only 3% of adults receive psychological therapies which will have a long term benefit to their mental health, these tools and strategies don’t need to be complicated. Simple things can have a huge impact to your colleagues and as a result, your organisation.
With our training, you aren’t only just setting up pragmatic, long term support within your organisation but for every training day, we are able to put a child through 1:1 support sessions with our Mentoring team.
Half Day Course
Spotting the Signs
These are ideal sessions to run with employees to give a blanket understanding of how these issues can be supported.
If there are time pressures, these sessions can be altered to run as hour-long sessions for lunch breaks.
- Understand Depression & Anxiety through fun, interactive exercises
- Equip yourself with the ability to identify early signs and characteristic changes
- Learn simple but effective practical tools and strategies that can have an immediate positive impact
Full Day Course
Spot & Support
Starting with your half day ‘Spotting the Signs’ course we include an afternoon of;
- Understanding leading, evidence-based methods of support
- How we can change negative or disruptive thinking patterns
- Applying these skills at work to practically support colleagues
Our Spot & Support is ideal for ‘Champions’ within your organisation.
2 Day Course
Progress & Prevent
So we can ‘Spot & Support’ people in your organisation, but how do we go further? How do we continuously improve the mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues?
‘Progress & Prevent’ is typically following our Assessment where we can develop a bespoke day based on the needs of your colleagues to;
- Develop soft skills like active listening and questioning
- Improve emotional literacy of colleagues including Motivation, Empathy, Social Skills, Self Regulation and Awareness
- Develop individuals across the organisation to progress their mental health and help prevent future issues
Your ‘Champions’ will now be able to support anyone returning to work or going through a difficult time practically so they can support colleagues to help minimize absenteeism, increase effectiveness at work, build a supportive culture and help prevent poor mental health in the future.
1:1 Mentoring for business
Want to offer 1:1’s for your employees?
Need a helping hand?
Get in touch for support
To help us keep our 1:1 service as cost effective as possible and as accessible as possible, visit our online shop or donate to help us keep supporting children, young people and vulnerable adults.